Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Counting The Days

Last night I began packing, or at least finalized my packing list and threw some socks on top of my duffle bag. Slow it is all coming together. I can't wait to get over there. But there is still a lot that needs to get done before I leave.

It is crazy to think that I am 10 days from flying out. 11 days from when I will set foot on Japanese soil. Every day at work brings reminders of how real this trip is. Today my supervisor was asking me where I wanted to eat when we arrived in the country. I thought it was kind of a funny question since I have never been there before but I do know there are a lot of options. He listed off a lot of my options and there is almost too many to choose from. But I think the first night we are going to get Japan's version of a kabob...

3 comments:

  1. Nick,

    Which city/town will you be living in? Maybe some of my co-workers can provide suggestions on where to eat and what to see during your free time.

    Love,
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, it's really too bad i'm not there to help..... my packing skills really are quite superb!! :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be staying in Yokosuka. Which is really close to Yokohama, all right below Tokyo. Probably one of the more populated areas, but the abundance of jobs probably helped that. Any resturant suggestions would be more than welcomed.

    ReplyDelete