Saturday, June 5, 2010

Long Time Post

Sorry for the long time between posts. I will try to make this as informative as possible without making it a running novel....

Work has been going well. Nothing really major to add about it. With Dave gone and most people out of the office things are fairly quiet around my area. Most days are spent on paperwork and in meetings. I like these types of seasons mostly because I can get a lot of work done with only minor distractions. I am into routine for most days and even the ladies at the place where I buy lunch have gotten used to seeing me around. 

Last weekend was a three day weekend with the Monday holiday. The nice thing about most US holidays is that they don't overlay on many Japanese holidays. So when US government workers like myself have time of we get to roam around with fewer crowds than the weekend trips. So with that in mind I decided to spend most of the time locally on Saturday and Sunday with a trip back up to Yokohama on Monday. Around town was mostly groceries and other little errands. Having saved up a little bit of energy for my Monday off I made it to the train station just after rush hour was finishing up. To this day I haven't been on a train so tight that I needed to be pushed on, and wasn't planning on making a vacation day my first.

It was around 10 am when I made it up to the area where I had planned to go in Yokohama. The mission was the the Mitsubishi Industrial Museum. It was in a newer area where I had never been before, but I was not too worried. So camera ready and kind of geared up for a day at the museum I made it to the front doors.... to find that that the place is closed only on Mondays! Yep my whole big trip busted by their normal schedule. I guess in the future I am going to have to check online next time I want to make a trip like that. I was not totally lost. I did take some time to wander around that area. Found a birthday gift for my nephew in July and enjoyed the nice weather while reading a book at one of the coffee shops in the area. I added a few photos of my wanderings to this gallery.

Through the week my normal routine is into work usually between 6 am and 6:30 am, days filled with mostly phone meetings/updates, paperwork and some scheduling for work to be done. I am home some time around 4 pm and recently have been enjoying cooking in my room. I actually have been finding that I save a lot more money cooking in my room and it lets me relax after the work day in the comfy chair in my room.  Wednesday I get to go to a men's group, kind of like a Bible Study but recently there has been a lot of talk about sharing our faith and some practical skills for doing so. Really encouraging times. 

So that kind of catches up to this weekend. I will do my best to give another update soon. Thanks to everyone for the warm support.

3 comments:

  1. um, you forgot to mention the most important part of your daily routine.... you get up and chat with at 0500 hours! FREAKING EARLY!! but i love you for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the big yellow car-thing. Is it supposed to be a dinosaur? Would I fit in it? Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is a dinosaur boat! Kind of excited to find it, but I don't think it was very sea worthy.

    ReplyDelete