Friday, April 9, 2010

Little Updates

It has been a little while since I have posted anything of length on my blog. I had finished a video update but for some reason I can no long upload videos... So until I can figure out that I will fill everyone in the old fashion way. The weeks seem to go quicker and quicker. I cannot believe that by this time I next week I will be stateside again. 

Last weekend it was peak cherry blossom season. I had gotten an invitation from some coworkers to go up under the cherry trees and enjoy lunch there. The day was just perfect and I want to plant cherry trees back home, even if they only bloom like that for a couple of weeks. Here are a few photos of the time. A note that though there are a lot of people at this location, it actually was really sparse. There are many areas where there area so many people you almost cannot walk under the trees. 

Things here have been nice and relatively quiet  This whole last week at work I was in training and on Wednesday the guy coming over to relieve me of my work arrived. Though I was really surprised to find out that I made employee of the week out of my entire department for my efforts over here. The hard work is looking like it is paying off. 

Well today I have a trip up to Tokyo planned. My coworker who is coming to relieve me of my duties and myself are going to the Ueno (pronounced way-no) park and zoo. Sad part is that they have no great pandas. The last one died in 2008. But I should still be a fun time. I guess I am going to have to go down to San Diego for great pandas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment