Friday, May 14, 2010

New Abode

Welcome back to Japan! The flight went great and it was nice to not have the new to the area feeling. Actually I felt rather comfortable getting around from the base to my new hotel location, then picking up dinner and groceries. It almost seemed routine. I am of course doing more walking. My hotel is located closer to the base but father from the train stations here in town. I up loaded some photos of my new room. Much nicer place. It has almost 3 times the space, a bigger fridge, microwave and stove top along with all the furnishings needed also. I think I am going to have to experiment more with cooking while I am over here, now to find recipes that I can get the same ingredients here.

Getting back into the work groove was not that tough either. I don't seem to have much of any kind of problem with jet lag and have been able to function pretty well in the office. Many people are surprised at how quickly I came back and it is nice to see some familiar faces.

Today my coworker Dave and I are going to Hakone which should be a fun trip and I will make sure to fill everyone in on the details.

Lots of love to everyone back home. - Nikku

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are doing well. Thanks for the pictures! I especially liked the large-sized table - just big enough for 2 people to sit & hold hands :)

    ReplyDelete