Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stopping to Smell the Roses

Today is Sunday, and usually my day that I use to relax and catch up from last week and get ready for the week to come. The weather is nice and warm, not too humid and after talking with a couple in church about local flowers I decided to grab a lunch to go and enjoy the rose park down a couple blocks from my hotel room.

The park wasn't too crowded, but I also wasn't the only one with the idea to have lunch in the park. It was filled with painters, photographers, couples young and old, some kids, and people like myself just enjoying the landscape. It is nice that most of the boxed lunch places give you everything you need, chopsticks, sauce, toothpick, etc. But most areas lack public garbage, so I had to do it hiking style, pack it in and pack it out. After I was done eating I took some time to take a few pictures. Nice roses, though I am catching them on the end of their cycle it looks like.

On my way back from lunch I stopped into a patch store I noticed a few weeks ago. Mostly military patches but they had a few state ones there too. No Washington, but I was able to grab an Idaho State flag patch. Yay for Idaho. Who would have thought I could have found an Idaho flag in Yokosuka Japan?

No comments:

Post a Comment