Saturday, November 13, 2010

Weekend Trips!

Truth be told my trips were not only on the weekend. I took advantage of the holiday on Thursday to go with a few guys from work up to Kamakura. I had been there a few times, but they never had and wanted a pseudo tour guide, so I played that role.

The trip up to Kamakura was a blast. Fun times wandering around some of the temples and shrines I have already seen. But the revisiting is always very refreshing. Kind of another look, with details I didn't notice the first or maybe second times previously. One major change we made to my normal trip was a walk down to the beach. I didn't realize how close it actually was and the walk through the sad was very enjoyable while the waves were crashing around us.

This Saturday one of the guys from Thursday and I went up to Yokohama to a garden I had never visited before. It was a little out of the way and required a fairly good walk but like so many places here it was worth the walk. The garden contains lots of older relocated buildings dating as far back as the 1400's. We had lunch there in the garden and then took the train back into Yokohama near the Landmark Tower area. I alway love that spot and my coworker and I wandered around browsing and looking at all the interesting things in stores until dinner time. I have been having so much Japanese food recently I was craving anything different and as a result, for dinner we ended up in the Hardrock Cafe. I ended up actually with a BBQ pulled pork sandwich. After dinner we made our way home.

I am not as tired as I might have been if I had ended up on some of the other offered trips I had this weekend but I really enjoyed the time. I was very happy about the fact that I was able to find a few Christmas gifts for people and can now check a few off my list. I posted some photos online, hope everyone enjoys them.

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are awesome. I especially loved the ones of the flowers - I miss my flowers here. Everything is getting quite "dormant" looking. And the goldfish- sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers were really neat. The thing about the 'goldfish'. They are actual Japanese Koi (which really means carp) and these ones seemed to be well fed, mostly because they were all bigger than a cat.

    ReplyDelete