Friday, October 29, 2010

Windy Rainy Weekend Indoors

This last week has been fairly full at work. People coming in for some new work, audit people leaving, training going on, etc. But the end of the week surprise is the reason I am indoors today, a typhoon. So Thursday we had a good idea it was coming close to the coast here, the whole base started geting ready for its arrival. I started getting ready too. Went to the grocery to get some food that would last over the weekend and didn't need to be cooked to eat just incase power went out. I left work after only a few hours of overtime worked Friday just to make sure I wasn't caught in any heavy rain or anything like that.

Today as a precaution I am remaining close to home and mostly indoors. As of 05:00 this morning all we had was some gusting wind and rain. The shops across from my hotel are staying buttoned up but I can hear some of the city still moving around. From the online tracking the main part of the storm has not hit yet and will probably only be up to tropical storm strength by then. But by tomorrow morning most of it will have passed.

It is kind of nice to have a reason though to keep indoors and enjoy the peace and quiet. No work distractions, no sight seeing to rush off to, just the comfort of a room, some tea and a good book. I have just finished reading The Lost World and have a few that I am debating on reading...

For those who will check this before the storm passes you can follow along: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/101424d.html

No comments:

Post a Comment