Wednesday, March 10, 2010

As the days continue...


Today was another good experience day for me. Life here seems to go so fast. Next thing I know it is going to be time for me to leave. Stranger to think that I have actually only been working for three days now.

After work today my supervisor took some time to wanter around Yokosuka, which is the town I am staying in. I finally got my rail pass, or my Suica. It is a nice card which has a micro chip in it that stores train fair on it. The nice thing about the Suica is that I don't have to purchase tickets every time I change trains. I can just scan the card. It doesn't save me any money just time really.

The rest of tonight we wanted up and around Blue Street here in town. I took some photos on the walk. The area was busy, well busy for me. I guess that area is almost always full with some people. But we went to this 100 Yen store (same thing as like a dollar store in the states). It was tons of fun though I could easily spent too much time (and money) in this particular one just due to the size. I also got to try these really tasty pancake creme filled things, I loaded those photos on too.

I am almost fully over the groggy effects of the jet lag and felt like today was finally one of the first days I was really sharp and on the ball with work. These earlier days getting in and following all that was going on has been a little tough but today was a success.

One last funny thing I found out about my hotel room was that my safe has a "foot light" but when it is turned on it looks like the safe has ground effects... kind of like some of the cars I have seen here...

No comments:

Post a Comment