Monday, March 15, 2010

Japanese Auto Tour

Yesterday was another blast up in Tokyo. This time venturing off of where my rail/subway map covers we went to the Megaweb showroom. It is the main headquarters for Toyota/Lexus. Tons of people and lots happening. It was neat to sit in all the new cars (well the race cars were only for the kids) but we did get to see them and also look at the new concept cars they have out. The other neat thing about the area is the historic car museum. They had a couple American classics but my favorite was the old Porsche they had there... oh, if only I wouldn't have gotten in trouble for getting into it, I would have loved to known what it was like to sit in that car....

After that showroom and history area we wandered around the complex a little, took a ride on the really really tall ferris wheel, the hit the train back to Yokohama where the Nissan Global headquarters is. Similar story except you could sit in the nice race cars here. Oh and I didn't know this until today but they still make the Nissan Skyline... Just only for the Japanese and sadly you have to wait until the car is 25 years old to import it to the US easily... I think I know what I am going to pick up in 25 years from now. The car was a blast to sit in, really nice and actually more awkward to get in and out of than my Mini. 


Overall a nice guys day up looking at some cool cars. It was nice to have Brain there with John and myself. I am slowly getting to know some of the other shipyard workers stationed here. Enjoy the photos (mostly cars). I am going to add some of the non-car shots up when I get a chance to a Toyko folder.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you can view this. This is a video of the Edgeworks Climbing Party.

    /Users/toddvanscoyk/Desktop/Edgeworks Climbing Lockdown.mov

    ReplyDelete