Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Trips Continue

Today after a good day of work we got to travel up to Yokohama. It was nice to have the train ride and see what some of the other shipyard workers are doing everyday for a commute. Made me glad I have just a 10 min walk from the hotel to the gate.

Up in Yokohama I got to see Landmark Tower, which is currently the tallest building in Japan. It isn't super tall compared to some of the other large towers in the world but in a land that gets 400+ earthquakes a year, it kind of makes sense to not build things too tall. The trip was tons of fun. I think I am going to have to take a train up there a time or two in the future. The ride is super easy and there is lots to explore. I loaded on some photos of the trip, including many of the tower.

Also exciting part of dinner, tonights meal came with a nice heart shaped fried egg on it. I uploaded that one to the random folder too. Followed by some ice cream from Cold Stone (yep they have them over here too) and the sing to you if it is your first time, or if you tip them... kind of embarrassing but fun.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet Erin was pretty jealous to hear about you having 'Cold Stone' without her! Isn't is nice, though, to have some of the same things from home. I'll bet you REALLY enjoyed being sung to. Come on, tell the truth. Just chalk it up to one of those "first experiences" in life. Glad you are having a good time (even though you are having to work long days).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your doing well! :) I really want to know how the kit-kat taste :)
    p.s. watch out for the giant Jellyfish!!!

    ReplyDelete