Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Room and Life Overseas

This makes the end of day 2 for me. Sorry for no post on day one of work, after the work day and a trip after work and then all the walking and jet lag... well lets just say that I didn't have the energy for a blog entry. But tonight I am doing much better and I have the time before bed.

Here are a few shots of the room. Yes I am quite literally living out of my suitcase but it works out well.

I think the most exciting thing I found out about the room is that they have free laundry service. Like not just a free washer and drier that I can use but you put all your close into this little orange bag with your room number on it and then a few days later all of them come back to you clean and folded! I could get used to that. Even better is that it happens twice a week. So check out some room photos on smug mug and of course other random fun shots.

I am getting used to how the train system works. It is a lot like Europe in some ways, but I can't wait until I can pick up a travel card and just buzz through the rail system instead of buying tickets.

My boss and myself went by an outlet mall north of where I am staying. Part of my train traveling experiences getting used to being able to travel on my own.

On a similar note, the food has been very excellent and I still cannot fathom even the amount of restaurants and selection in this small area. Most places have pictures and some english on the menu so you have an idea of what you are ordering. So far that strategy has worked out well. But mostly I have been eating curry at different places. Strange to come to Japan and east a lot of indian food but it is really good.

More stories to share, but not all at this time. Probably very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, and the great photos! I share your travels will all I meet, I am very proud of you. dad

    ReplyDelete